homestead - [Homestead] How much we each owe on Nat't debt

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] How much we each owe on Nat't debt
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 18:21:45 -0800 (PST)

Articles last week saif that each taxpaying household has about a $900.000.00
'mortgage', if you please, just for the current nat'l debt.
I ran across this commentary today ; this man's outlook says something
different. I'm not saying whethet I agree or dis-agree, but his view would
not be called the mainstream

Why aren't Americans outraged?

Whose Debt?

L arken Rose

Don't tell me I have some obligation to pay off a debt that POLITICIANS
incurred.

December 13, 2008 - I just watched a video about the "national debt." It
went on and on about fiscal responsibility, the problem with the deficit, how
bad it is now, and the projections for how it will get a lot worse. But
underlying the seemingly virtuous message was a huge, utterly insane
assumption — the assumption underlying almost all discussion you'll hear
about such things: the notion that there can BE a "national debt."

In literal terms, without the authoritarian propaganda spin, here is how
things work: A bunch of liars and crooks, declaring themselves to be our
rightful rulers, steal tons and tons of money from the rest of us. They then
spend far MORE than they steal, and declare that the difference, the debt, is
OUR responsibility. And almost everyone accepts that as true.

It's not.

Those wearing the label of "government" borrowed money from people, promising
to pay it back. How would they do that? By continually taxing you and me.
EVERYONE, Americans and foreigners, who bought Treasury bonds, or by any
other means loaned money to any government, on the promise that the
government would later pay it back, was banking on the fact that the tyrants
would be able to continue robbing YOU and ME. That is how "investments" in
all levels of "government," from federal stuff down to local "municipal
bonds," work.

To be blunt, if you were one of those who invested in SLAVERY, by lending
money to "governments" — whether here or anywhere else — you DESERVE to lose
everything, and I hope you do. The notion that I somehow acquired some
obligation to pay YOU something, because a thief promised to keep on robbing
me to pay for things HE bought, without my consent, is idiotic. It's also an
insult to my intelligence and yours.

So why aren't Americans outraged? Because they're indoctrinated and/or
stupid. Imagine that a thief steals your wallet. He then goes on a shopping
spree, buying $300 worth of stuff. Then, to his horror, he finds that you
only had $200 in your wallet. To fix the problem, he sends YOU a bill for
the remaining $100 "deficit." Would you feel obligated to pay up?

Well, if the thief called himself "government," and you're an average
American, apparently you would. And then you would get together with all the
other duped morons, wring your hands, and ponder what can be done about the
problem. But the problem is not one of finances; it's one of philosophy. As
long as you think YOU are obligated to make up for the scams of the crooks
who call themselves "government," you are doomed. If you think they'll ever
cut back on their power (spending, regulation, taxation) to be nice to YOU,
you're an idiot. They will happily borrow and spend you into absolute
poverty.

To those of you stupid and/or evil enough to have loaned money to the U.S.
government, or to any other government, on the promise that they'd later rob
people like ME to pay you back, I wish you the worst of luck. I hope you
never see a dime of what you "invested" in the slavery industry. And don't
tell ME I have some obligation to pay off a debt that POLITICIANS incurred.
When you're talking to me, don't use such idiotic terms as "national debt."
The nation doesn't owe anyone anything. The people who SPENT the money — the
crooks in DC — might owe it. I don't.

There's a very easy way to fix the "federal budget deficit" and "national
debt" problems: ignore them out of existence. To any who have invested in
oppression and government extortion, the joke's on you. You're not quite as
bad as the thieves you financed, but you're pretty darn bad. And when the
day comes, which is fast approaching, when all your "investments" disappear,
don't come crying to me. You deserve it, for the exact same reason that
people who invested in the slave trade industry two hundred years ago
deserved to lose everything. Next time, try investing in trade, instead of
theft.

http://www.rogershermansociety.org/whose.htm

  • [Homestead] How much we each owe on Nat't debt, bob ford, 12/13/2008