homestead - Re: [Homestead] Sit-in worker success

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Sit-in worker success
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 09:41:54 -0800

So, let me see if I've got this straight. B of A is supposed to cough up money that they won't get back because a company's credit wasn't good enough to get loans which they needed to pay wages because they were over-extended and were working on wish and a prayer economics instead of a cash bases?

Now, are Teflon and Mr. Whine gonna be out there demanding 2 months of wages and health benefits for the 25,000 that B of A is going to layoff?

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bob ford" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

I'm one of those people, though two days ago I admitted that I was wrong - that the workers had not wated their time. I had no idea the entire corrupt Chicago machine from Obama to Blagojevich to Jesse Jackson would become involved. You were right , I was wrong (as I already wrote); Now, people who actually pay taxes get to give those workers two months of union wages and benefits for doing absolutely no work. That is the law in Illinois. I have no problem with that law. I do have a problem paying for the owner's of Republic Window's inability to function as a business, and picking up their tab. But, taxpayers like me are picking up the tab on many failures ; today, tomorrow, and far into the future..........