homestead - Re: [Homestead] raising pigs.. acquired tastes;

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] raising pigs.. acquired tastes;
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 15:34:46 -0500

> Maybe someone here knows what to feed a pig
>> to make it tasty? They can be nassssty.

A guy near here had a problem with acorns that fell on his garage roof
and driveway. This was a good mast year. I went over and he filled my
truck with acorns. I've been throwing a bucket out every day. The pigs
also run in the woods and find mast. Good free food and my pigs last
year were really good.

I'm starting a piglet or two in March when the goats freshen and will
go them mostly on goat milk. I want to butcher them really small for
barbecue.

Rob - Va