homestead - Re: [Homestead] [Fwd: Re: bev - Potato Q - and Sage

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] [Fwd: Re: bev - Potato Q - and Sage
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 13:00:03 -0500

rayzentz AT aim.com wrote:
He used to make me do it, too, when I was about 11 or 12. He would cut off the sidewall, and then give the tire to me. I would stand on
it, pressing down the "corner", and then slowly step wider, whle pulling with my hands to help it turn. Took awhile, but I got 'em. Did learn the reason for gloves, though... <g>

Oh, I liked the radials better than standard tires. They flipped easier. Less common at the time than they are now.

Ray

I knew there was a trick to turning them, like 'folding' a bandsaw
blade, I came in and looked it up on the web, and I still couldn't do
it...(that was about two years ago)
I acquired most of my tires from the roof of my barn. They may have
been there for 15 or twenty years for all I know.. There were over
twenty tires up there on the 25x40 roof.

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda