homestead - Re: [Homestead] Mice, was Go ld -- feel free to ignore

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Mice, was Go ld -- feel free to ignore
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 09:43:36 -0800 (PST)

How many mice in a family?

I don't know,,,, but I had a problem with rats in the barn.  And while the
cats were super at hunting them every night as they snuck into the feed room,
but at one point the situation was clearly getting out of control - not too
long after the neighbors dogs hunted and killed my cats.

I finally resorted to Decon.......... OMG........ once they finally went for
the bait, there were nearly a hundred - all over, inside and out dead.  They
climbed up into the engine area in the front end loader, inside the glove
compartment of my truck, up in the ceiling under hay bales, all over the
yard.  I was stunned. Big ones, little ones.  The worst was getting the smell
of the dead daddy rat out of the truck...............