homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fwd: dumb desert question

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fwd: dumb desert question
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 19:57:11 -0500

That's what I thought. I was talking recently to someone who lived in the deserts of New Mexico and she didn't seem to think there were worms there. I thought/knew that worms were ubiquitous, so I assumed they were deep...
Thanks..

Bunjov AT aol.com wrote:

We have all that stuff, and earthworms, too. It's just that they live several 'layers' down, where the soil is moist. It helps that - where I am - is actually what used to be the bed of the Mojave River (Old Spanish Trail - goes all the way to Santa Fe). Earthworms exist even in the Sahara Desert.
Think of a metaphysical earthworm...just 'cause you don't see it doesn't mean it ain't there! (heh heh)

--
“Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda http://www.myspace.com/tervetuloa13