homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fwd: dumb desert question

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fwd: dumb desert question
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 16:10:20 -0500

We have all that stuff, and earthworms, too. It's just that they live
several 'layers' down, where the soil is moist. It helps that - where I am - is
actually what used to be the bed of the Mojave River (Old Spanish Trail - goes
all the way to Santa Fe). Earthworms exist even in the Sahara Desert.
Think of a metaphysical earthworm...just 'cause you don't see it doesn't
mean it ain't there! (heh heh)
Sandy
Mid-Mojave

Can you make compost? It requires moisture and the organisms that break down organic matter. Do you have enough of either?

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA