homestead - [Homestead] Moron Award

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Moron Award
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 20:52:22 EST

This is why there is essentially no hope for us as a people. Someone
forwarded this to me and I thought he was joking. But alas no. Scroll down
this
discussion and look at the diagram of the "Friction Generator"

http://tinyurl.com/5leb8g

Have these people never been in the same room with a physics book?

The scheme is to turn a metal disk with an electric motor, which rubs against
a piece of wood and generates heat by friction, which boils water into steam,
which is used to generate electricity.

Said friend who forwarded this and I have an award, the Moron, for the
stupidest power generation idea we come across. Right now this one is in
first
place.

But it did inspire me to come up with a way to elimiate world hunger. I will
breed the cannibal cow. You start out with, say, 10 pregnant cows and say
half have bull calves. You kill four of those calves and feed the carcasses
the ten cows, five heifers, and one bull calf (who will be needed later for
breeding). Next season you now have 15 bearing cows who have at least seven
heifers, and let's say eight bull calves. Kill the bull calves and feed
those to
the 23 head we have ..... etc. etc. and then without any pasture, hay, or
feed .... evenutally everyone in the world will have steak for supper.

The above described 'friction genreator' to anyone with a passing acquainance
with physics, is just as idiotic a proposes.

Nous sommes sans espoir!

James