homestead - Re: [Homestead] A different outlook on Obama's team --East Indians

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A different outlook on Obama's team --East Indians
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 10:57:15 -0800

That's not quite correct. Bob. There is *the* team and then there are folks
employed by the team. Then there are a bunch of advisory boards that are sometimes being called transition teams. *The* team is:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/05/obama-to-name-napolitano_n_141438.html
Barack Obama has named his entire transition team -- formally organized as
the Obama-Biden Transition Project, a 501(c)(4) organization. The work of
this entity will be overseen by three co-chairs: former White House chief of
staff John Podesta, Obama confidante Valerie Jarrett, and Obama's current
chief of staff Pete Rouse.

The co-chairs will be assisted by an advisory board comprised of Carol
Browner, William Daley, Christopher Edley, Michael Froman, Julius
Genachowski, Donald Gips, Governor Janet Napolitano, Federico Peña, Susan
Rice, Sonal Shah, Mark Gitenstein, and Ted Kaufman. Gitenstein and Kaufman
will serve as co-chairs of Vice President-elect Biden's transition team."

Over and above his actual Transition Team, he has several transition
advisory boards. So, I'm not exactly sure where those folks listed below
are at in the transition, but only one is actually on *the* transition team.

And I don't see Anjan Mukherjee mentioned as part of the Economic Advisory
Board either.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/services/newspaper/printedition/saturday/orl-newadvisers0808nov08,0,868214.story

BTW, I read tons of other country news (Russian, China, Israel, Lebanon and so forth and so on) and I find they have just as much of a problem with, hmmmm, accuracy and honesty as the U.S. papers. I always look for at least two sources with the same info.

Lynda

----- Original Message ----- From: "bob ford" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

Because of the internet, I have access to a lot of non-USA periodixcals
and have been reading them regularly just to learn more about diifeernt
cultural outlooks and objectives.

I read moere Asian periodicals than European, mainly because the
Europeans are not innovative and are predictably boring. This short
article is about East Indian - Americans being appointed to the Obama
transition team -- Four, so far. I think that is kind of a bifg deal--
that is more than 1/4 of his transition team --, but have seen no mention
in the regular U.S. MSM

Obama appoints 4th Indian into his 15-member transition team

16 Nov 2008, 0100 hrs IST, PTI

WASHINGTON: Indian-American management expert Anjan Mukherjee has been
roped in by US President-elect Barack Obama into his transition team, the
fourth person from the community to be part of the 15-member high-profile
group.

Mukherjee, a Managing Director of Corporate Private Equity group at
Blackstone, has been appointed as one of the team leads in Economics and
International Trade.

His appointment has been the latest one as three other Indian-Americans -
Sonal Shah, Preeta Bansal and Nicholas Rathod - have already been inducted
into Obama's team.

Mukherjee has been involved in the execution of a number of investments in
a wide range of industries.

He has received a BA from Harvard University where he graduated magna cum
laude as a Harry S. Truman Scholar and an MBA from Harvard Business
school.

Before joining Blackstone, he worked with Thomas H. Lee Company and Morgan
Stanley & Co.

He has also worked at the Department of Education (in the Fund for the
Improvement of Postsecondary Education) as well as the Brookings
Institution.

Obama is the first African-American to win the US presidential elections.
He will take over as the 44th president of the US on January 20, 2009.

The Indian-American community overwhelmingly supported Obama in the
November 4 elections and are said to have voted for him by more than a two
to one margin.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/4th_Indian_in_Obamas_15-member_transition_team/articleshow/3717451.cms