homestead - Re: [Homestead] speaking of pleasure in the small things...

  • From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, "" <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] speaking of pleasure in the small things...
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 01:03:22 +0000

Hi Bob,

Zack is my son and he's the hunter of the family. that was his second deer
this season. The first was a doe strictly for meat in the freezer and because
we have too many does around here, but he wasn't going to kill another deer
unless it was a good sized buck. This was good enough and had a huge body so
we have lots of meat in the freezer now. We trade the meat with an old man
(in his mid-90's) down the road who can no longer hunt but grows a fantastic
garden. LOL, he called the other day to let me know in a round-about but not
so subtle way that he was down to his last piece. He bought his own license
so Zack can kill him one and let him pretend it's his. He is patiently
waiting for the next deer.

Roxann, NW AR
http://blog.ancientearthwisdom.com (Ozark Musings from the homestead)

 I saw that "Zack" downed a good sized buck.  I don't know who Zack is, but
hopefully you have some of the meat.
...........bobford

  • Re: [Homestead] speaking of pleasure in the small things..., roxann, 11/15/2008