homestead - Re: [Homestead] Yet another global problem

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Yet another global problem
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 21:36:12 -0800

CA sued to force better emissions on cars sold in CA. The feds said no. CA tried to pass a law that would require that all cars that don't meet certain emissions stands be junked or have the engine replaced. Lawsuits by OUT OF STATE attorneys stopped that one. CA tried to force better controls on manufacturing plants, out of state AND country companies sued and won.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

I suspect that anything bad in the air anywhere will eventually visit
most all of us.

Benny and I took a long walk today. From several vantage points in the
hills we could barely see the smog-clouded buildings of downtown
Phoenix. Reminds me of living in eye-burning LA County in the early
nineties. Filthy. I read this morning that there are more deaths from
filthy air than auto accidents in LA and the San Joaquin Valley.

Even living surrounded by a forest, we all breathe someone else's
filthy production.

Be as nice to your lungs as you can possibly be.