homestead - Re: [Homestead] Yet another global problem

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Yet another global problem
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 18:04:14 -0700

On Nov 13, 2008, at 5:50 PM, Marie McHarry wrote:

I guess this cloud hasn't made it to the US yet, but it's got to be
bad for asthma where it occurs:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27704012/

I suspect that anything bad in the air anywhere will eventually visit most all of us.

Benny and I took a long walk today. From several vantage points in the hills we could barely see the smog-clouded buildings of downtown Phoenix. Reminds me of living in eye-burning LA County in the early nineties. Filthy. I read this morning that there are more deaths from filthy air than auto accidents in LA and the San Joaquin Valley.

Even living surrounded by a forest, we all breathe someone else's filthy production.

Be as nice to your lungs as you can possibly be.