homestead - Re: [Homestead] Just More.. More to it

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Just More.. More to it
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 12:34:13 -0500

What we will hear is probably something like "He couldn't because Bush..."
You guys are upset that that some people aren't giving Obama a chance,
already tearing him down before he even takes office. Like Drew?
pointed out, the same was done to Bush. Bush supporters felt the same
frustrations as you feel now. So here we are coming full circle
almost...IMO, we won't be full circle until after the Obama presidency.
I guarantee you that if he does well, there will be no mention of the
challenges of the Bush administration preceding him, but if he fails, it
will be blamed on the previous admin. It is a two way street. When a
President has the support of a majority party in Congress, whether it
was Bush in his early years, or as will be the case for Obama, there
should be no excuses. NONE, ZERO. That is as close to a dictatorship
as you get in this country. It has sent us down the wrong path almost
every time it has happened.(and no, I'm not taking the time to look to
see if history has ever judged it helpful-you can do that if you desire)

We have got to stop looking at the leaders for answers and start relying
on ourselves. They will disappoint us every time. If we supported
them, it was really the 'other sides' fault' remarksand if we didn't
support them you hear the 'idiot/evil/addict remarks. We need to quit
blaming and start taking responsibility for ourselves.

Many of you probably think Libertarians are close to right wing nut
jobs, but it is not true. Libertarians come from both sides of the
common fence/common sense. I personally have right leaning tendencies
and used to be a Republican, but there are just as many Libs who are 180
degrees out from me and who used to be Democratic.

For most of you, the campaign is over, but here in GA, we are being
subjected to McCain vs. Obama, the sequel, with the Chambliss/Martin
runoff. I said before the election that due to the number of phone
calls he made, I wouldn't vote for Saxby. I voted for Allen Buckley,
the Libertarian, who got 3% to Saxby's 50 and Martin's 47.

I've heard that prior to midsummer, Saxby wasn't even concerned about
his seat, being ever so cocky that he would keep it. But then the
economy tanked, and Martin capitalized on Obama's popularity and hopped
on O-man's coattails where he still resides, and suddenly it was a
CHANGE race about economics. It continues. So now, I am faced with a
decision to make, and I am not alone. I think the sentiment in this
article expresses mine-I could have written it:

http://www.unitedliberty.org/articles/georgia-chambliss-v-martin

I'm trying to be above the party lines. The simple answer is to just
not vote, but that's not right. I need to figure out where I stand on
this, and make some peace...

Libertarians leading the way.... ;)

C'mon people now,
Smile on your brother
Ev'rybody get together
Try and love one another right now

Bev, who will subject you guys to music again today.<G>

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

Welcome, Don, to the other side of the coin. For eight years any attempt at serious discussion of the real probems facing the world have been met with an endless tatoo of "Bush, Bush, Bush, look what Bush did, here are fifty more links to something about how bad Bush is, Bush, Bush, Bush ......" All this instead of actually talking about the problems.

Now the shoe is about to be on the other foot.

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda