homestead - Re: [Homestead] 'Democratic discuss confiscating 401(k)s, IRAs'

  • From: Cathy <goosecreekfarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] 'Democratic discuss confiscating 401(k)s, IRAs'
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 20:19:28 -0500

I'm not familiar with The Carolina Journal, either. Judging only on its
choice of the word "confiscating," I'm guessing it slants pretty hard to the
right. While it may soon seem attractive to many Americans to convert their
private retirement savings to some SS-based plan, I don't think it's any
more accurate to say that Democrat leaders are going to confiscate 401(k)s
than it was to say that John McCain would have put everyone's SS into the
stock market.

Cathy