homestead - Re: [Homestead] Lunacy

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Lunacy
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 15:34:31 EST

> >To say that tens of thousands of black
> people think that Obama will save them so they don't have to go to work
> certainly implies that you don't have much respect for their intelligence.

Are you sure that implication is there or is fair? Tens of thousands of
people showed up for Nazi rallies expecting that the Reich portened better
days
for them. Does it follow that they were unintelligent?

I seriously doubt that anyone (much) walked off the job permanently on Wed.
morning expecting never to have to work again, I'm not sure that was what Bev
was saying. I took it more as a celebration of what they expected to come.
And even that does not necessarily imply an expectation to never work again.
Obama has promised an army of Green Collar jobs which must surely suggest a
better deal than checking out at WalMart.