homestead - [Homestead] What an Obama administration may look like

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] What an Obama administration may look like
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 13:25:18 -0600

I've been as curious as anyone as to what the Obama administration
will look like, so while I wait for the wind to die down before I go
out to work on the brush pile, I've been looking for info online. I've
got a few links that you all may or may not find useful.

Shields and Brooks discuss Rahm Emanuel and the first Obama press conference:
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/politics/july-dec08/sbobama_11-07.html

The New Republic reports:

http://www.tnr.com/politics/story.html?id=7b81d92f-654a-4392-a6ef-fb4bb7880a88

http://tinyurl.com/67o9f6

And, this sketch of Rahm Emanuel is on today's WSJ online freebie:

> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122611134918910647.html?mod=djemEditorialPage
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5zbo72

That WSJ site has some nice retrospectives also.

As far as I can see from reading this and that, an Obama
administration will be extremely well run. It remains to be seen if
any of us like it. And I wonder how the Constitutional issues will
fare. When Obama caved on FISA, I wasn't happy. I guess we will all
find out.

Marie

  • [Homestead] What an Obama administration may look like, Marie McHarry, 11/08/2008