homestead - [Homestead] Obama's speech and N. Reagan's seances

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Obama's speech and N. Reagan's seances
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 17:52:17 -0800 (PST)

I listened today and thought BO did fine. someone said he said something
about SP, I didn't catch that. But, I thought the Nancy Reagan thing, while
not particularly funny (not everyone is blessed with my sense of humor) was
harmless.

Well, it is now on big headlines on the Drudgereport.com & elsewhere that he
has called Mrs. Reagan and apologized. That is how ridiculous we have become
as a culture, where a person has to watch everything they say. He obviously
didn't mean any harm .

And she probably wasn't listening to his speech, anyway. If he felt he had
to call her and apologize for his own benefit; fine. But having to issue a
press release in stupid. We don't take really important subjects seriously
enough; and we slam people for the silliest mis-statements . Just my
opinion....bobford