homestead - Re: [Homestead] Vote! Get freebies

  • From: SJC <indexer AT localnet.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Vote! Get freebies
  • Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 22:08:20 -0500

bob ford wrote:
Susan Jane, I thought you said Allen was going to whoop Collins in Maine. I
just heard her projected as winner ....bobford
Collins' vote for the bailout bill counted heavily against her, usually she just slips in. Allen did way better than expected until right at the end, when the gossip machine kicked in, but he not a favorite of mine, anyhow. Collins or Allen neither one could get my vote if I had to write in the name of my dog. One barely alive and the other a lying powermonger.

The only one I'd have been sure about would be Michaud, and he I'm sure secured his place with his no vote on the bailout issue, although he has been popular here anyway, hard worker for his district, regular kind of a guy who isn't afraid either of work or dirt. In my town of a few over 700 his opponent got 4 votes, Michaud the rest, although haven't heard state figures but not worried about it. Radio has long prattle about bonds/other $$ items on the ballot and I'm not going to stay up and listen, going to bed.

Good night to all.

Sj