homestead - Re: [Homestead] Electricity prices going up (fake?)

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Electricity prices going up (fake?)
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 15:57:38 EST

> >How quickly we forget. We had six years of Republican control of the
> congress and administration. What was the result of that? A slight budget
> surplus (if you forget the SSI money) turned into massive deficients.
> Patriot act. Congressional corruption with at least one Republican
> Represenitive still in jail, others who have not gone to trial yet. The K
> Street Project, two ill conceived wars, and so on. An administration filled
> with incompetents, many from the industries they regulate. The list goes
> on. We can only hope that the adults will take over again.

Don, doesn't this make Drew's point?? Look what happened with the same party
in control of Congress AND the White House. Amuck, amuck, amuck. Why would
we think Dems in control of both (all three) be any better if not worse.

And, by the bye, Clinton's supposed budget surplus was fake, just like recent
house "values". The surplus was on the heels of the dotbomb.com runup of
internet companies and their stocks. Just as soon as that bubble burst, all
the
fake wealth evaporated. It had nothing at all to do with Clinton's
leadership, it just happened by chance that the bubble inflated during his
watch and
deflated during George's.