homestead - Re: [Homestead] propagating grapevines

  • From: keith bellinger <bartermn AT epix.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] propagating grapevines
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 10:21:44 -0400

Thanks James. I will go back and beg more cuttings from Sis. These are Concords that we have picked since she rented the farm and make a pretty good jelly. I'd hate to lose the resource if she moved. And I've been wanting a grape arbor for years.

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote
In the early spring, plant the cutting so that the top bud is an inch or two out of the ground. Survival rate is usually about 50%.

--
For by your words you will be justified Keith Bellinger
And by your words you will be condemned bartermn AT epix.net