homestead - Re: [Homestead] Early voting

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Early voting
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 03:43:16 -0700 (PDT)

Thoses are just raw returns by registration. Those are not actually votes.
In most states, they have not opened any of the ballots. In AZ, though I
voted last week, my ballot will not be opened until 'after' election day/ I
don't know the rules in other states.

Rife with abuse and possibility of abuse --'you bet. They need to keep
campaign vounteers and workers away from the ballots of potential voters.

But, that is true on electyion day , also. "get out the vote" is high
pressure sales and coercercion. In the South, we (Democrats) use to give
black preachers bags of cash. Preachers from big churches got 'lots' of
cash. It was called "walking around money".. It was to "get out the vote"..
It was obviously a legaized (and it was legal) bribe. I'm sure they still do
this in one form or the other ,today. ....bobf