homestead - Re: [Homestead] Heifer Int. Catalog arrived today

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Heifer Int. Catalog arrived today
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 16:37:47 -0400

I have done HI too. Now here's some tax advice, do it before the end of November. : )
On Oct 23, 2008, at 4:33 PM, bob ford wrote:

I don't really celebrate holidays, myself. But, my wife and I do our charity stuff primarily at Christmas-time. I like the idea that if I pay for a pig in Nicaragua (which is what we are doing with heifer this year), that there will actually be a living, rooting pig; not just some d*mn charity office with overpaid staff.

If I sent any of my nephews the same amount of money, I'd be surprised to even get a thank you card. I quit giving gifts to family a number of years ago. I love them, but.....bobford