homestead - [Homestead] Ron Paul interview

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Ron Paul interview
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 23:14:41 -0700 (PDT)

Excerpts:

"Something has to give. You just can't create more money out of thin air and
propping up everybody. It's an immoral system. You're asking the poor people
to bail out the rich. You're asking the innocent people to bail out the
guilty. You're asking people to just totally defy the Constitution because
there's no place in the Constitution that says that we can do these things.

Besides, economically, it's a disaster. This is going to cause a great deal
of harm. It's like a drug addict taking a strong fix, and he feels better for
a day or two, but believe me, we're going to kill the patient. And the
patient here is the dollar system and our entire world economy.

..............Get the government out of this overregulation, and give up on
this idea that inflation solves everybody's problems. If inflation, that is
the creation of new money, could solve everybody's problems, which they're
claiming right now, nobody would ever have to work again. If $5 trillion
could save this economy, why work? Just print money, and everybody will be
happy.

They don't understand the idea that people have to work. People have to save,
instead of consumers spending more money. ...............

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/17/ron.paul.qa/