homestead - Re: [Homestead] "Green" lighting -- off grid stuff too

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] "Green" lighting -- off grid stuff too
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 14:50:30 -0800

Bob, does your wife get headaches from "flourescent" lights, as in traditional long tubes? Have you tried CFLs? CFLs don't flicker like the long tubes do. I have migraines, can't work around long tubes and can't use a regular computer monitor because of the rolling either but the CFLs don't bother me.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bob ford" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

I have never seen this site mentioned before. I have been thinking about trying some LED lights like some off-grid set-ups have. My wife gets head-aches from flourecent lighting, so we can't use CFL indoors. This site has some other interesting items and articles, also ...bobf

http://www.green-trust.org/products/