homestead - Re: [Homestead] Sauna, to your health

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Sauna, to your health
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 10:54:28 -0400

bob ford wrote:

Just for point of interest; Navaho is our name for them, they call
themselves "Denai" which means "the people". Navojo do not have
anything to do wih snakes -dead or alive--it is verbotten. Navajo
will not mess around with dead bodies.

Once, I saw on tv a program that talked about the rattlesnake cult that has influenced so many indigenous tribes. I wish more research would be presented on that as it was extremely interesting. The designs you see, typical 'southwestern' motif, come from both the stylized image of the snake as well as the chevron pattern on the snake. Apparently the snake cult in the Americas really picked up steam around the time of Quetzelcoatl(the feathered serpent) Q-man was the native equivalent of Jesus, for those unaware. Came and left mysteriously, and while here traveled around, healed, taught, and performed miracles. He was supposed to return again(second coming). Cortez was mistaken for Quetzelcoatl.
This snake stuff is almost worldwide. Our innate apprehension if not fear has become archetypal. Is it no coincidence that we find a snake on the caduceus..the venom is deadly, yet amazingly it also has healing ability and is being investigated. Is it coincidence that the following gods of healing/learning, Hermes, Thoth, Kulkulkan, and Quetzalcoatl, all are associated with the snake? (there are plenty more, just naming a few you may already know.
Mythology has always fascinated and interested me, going all the way back to Sumeria/Babylonia. I name animals after mythological figures, and of course mythology is found in my other hobby, astronomy.

Consider these 'rough' Sumerian equivalents(and I know this is super simplistic):
An, the father, the god of gods, his symbol is the star, like an asterisk in cuneiform.
Ea/Enki and Enlil, half brothers; warring sons of An.
Ea/Enki is the god of the seas, the alleged god who warned the Noah types, , whose family symbol is the serpent
Enlil is the god of airspace or atmosphere; he is the bringer of kingship and agriculture whose symbol is the Eagle or bird
Together ruling Earth, they become the feathered serpent.

My very convoluted point is that the snake cult goes back as far as history does...are the 'reptilian' aliens just a futuristic extension of this?
I think this bears further investigation.

Bev

--
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from
the government and I'm here to help.'" Ronald Reagan