homestead - Re: [Homestead] Progressive Ithaca onto pod cars

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Progressive Ithaca onto pod cars
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 08:31:04 -0700 (PDT)

I don't know how this will work in an area that really needs public
transportation. A freight train in the Az desert was derailed a while back
with the assistance of a five dollar rod of pig iron........

And, who will pay for the cost, and with what money?

We are about to open a new billion dollar light rail system in phoenix, and I
have already heard talk that community groups will buy passes for the
homeless to give them a free place to hang out all day. That kind of idealism
is laudable.

Unfortunately, You can bet , if that happens, the light rail will be just
like the bus system. The people TPTB desire to quit driving so much will
stay away . .....bobford