homestead - Re: [Homestead] silvopasture

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] silvopasture
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 12:59:38 -0400

They don't grow here at all. I am wondering why. Maybe it is not cold enough?

Lynda wrote:
Doug Firs do quite nicely in the heat. I mean, we're talking 110 plus or minus all summer up here. I have some beautiful ones in front of the house. 110 feet or so but when they are small, they are used as Christmas trees.