homestead - Re: [Homestead] Krugman wins Nobel

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Krugman wins Nobel
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 06:04:08 -0700 (PDT)

I accept that, Don. And, I know that he is smart, I read him regularly and
see him on televeision commentary shows. However, I believe his new position
as a highly partisan political idealogue probably had as much or more with
today's announcement , than any work he did twwnty years ago.

Perhaps I shouldn't be so cynical, but after Al Gore was awarded the Peace
Prize, and John Updike and Tom Wolfe have been consistently passed over for
the Literary Prize, I stay questioning ............bobford