homestead - Re: [Homestead] Krugman wins Nobel

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Krugman wins Nobel
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 08:57:12 -0400

> These prize committees have become so politicized that even this prize is
> losing relevancy. I'm surprised they didn't just give the darn thing to
> Goldman Sachs or Morgan Stanley..........

The prize was given for his very substantial contributions to the field of
economics twenty years ago. Current and past political activities have very
little if any bearing.

He is well respected in economic circles and has become well known for his
NYT columns since 2000. He started the columns as purely economic but
quickly became politically involved as Bush Voodoo economics were pushed
through a compliant congress.

Don Bowen KI6DIU