homestead - [Homestead] Gov't eavesdropping, data-mining

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Gov't eavesdropping, data-mining
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 13:37:50 -0700 (PDT)

This site has some good info on some bad gov't activity, of which I don't
think most are aware.

I borrowed this Mencken quotation from the site:

"Freedom Quote

“I believe that liberty is the only genuinely valuable thing that men have
invented, at least in the field of government, in a thousand years.

I believe that it is better to be free than to be not free, even when the
former is dangerous and the latter safe.

I believe that the finest qualities of man can flourish only in free air –
that progress made under the shadow of the policeman's club is false
progress, and of no permanent value.

I believe that any man who takes the liberty of another into his keeping is
bound to become a tyrant, and that any man who yields up his liberty, in
however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave.”

H. L. Mencken

http://www.shadowmonkey.net/

  • [Homestead] Gov't eavesdropping, data-mining, bob ford, 10/12/2008