homestead - Re: [Homestead] New Bretton Woods ?

  • From: Bunjov AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] New Bretton Woods ?
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:18:25 EDT

Over my head, too.
It's scary.
On the one hand, I feel peaceful looking back at the afore-mentioned pioneer
days...simplfy! Simplify!
By varying degrees, I am first a neighborhoodie, then a regionalist, and
then - at most - hemispheric.
Beyond that thinking is when I get nervous.
Doesn't mean that different cultures and beliefs wouldn't be welcomed and
accepted (we had an impromptu Multi-Cultural Festival last year - with food
and
music from all over - put together in a couple of days by the local Chamber
of Commerce) -
I guess I just don't like the feeling that matters have gotten out of my
hands and that I am suffering from a lack of control over my environment and
my
affairs -
Sandy
Mid-Mojave
P.S. Think of the two-faced Harlequin which is used as the international
symbol for comedy / drama. It's a toss-up. Hard to reconcile the yearning to
play in the dirt with the fact that Star Trek is indeed, out there, and my
inner
Luddite gets squashed.

In a message dated 10/10/2008 10:45:41 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,