homestead - Re: [Homestead] Satellite-Surveillance Privacy Concerns

  • From: Roy Morgan <k1lky AT earthlink.net>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Satellite-Surveillance Privacy Concerns
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 19:58:39 -0400

On Oct 1, 2008, at 1:33 AM, bob ford wrote:

"WASHINGTON -- The Department of Homeland Security will proceed with the first phase of a controversial satellite-surveillance program,

I have a questions:

- Who gets surveillanced? Paroled criminals? Me? (I'm not one.)

- Anyone with a suitably equipped cell phone? I remember now that the connection is made through a cell phone.

- Can I know if my phone is so equipped? Can I turn off the tracking?

- Can I wrap my cell phone in aluminum foil or remove the battery and disable it?

I remember reading a web site that tells how to make an aluminum foil helmet to prevent "them" from influencing my brain with brain waves or some thing. Maybe if "they" were doing that to me, I wouldn't be asking these questions.

I know that commercial trucks (some) have GPS systems that let the company know the location of the truck at all (or most) times. Seems a little bit reasonable. A little bit. One driver I talked with didn't like it much, but did not quit his job over it. I think that if I knew or suspected that my cell phone was being tracked, I'd do with out one.

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky AT earthlink.net
529 Cobb St.