homestead - [Homestead] toy idea

  • From: Akka Homestead <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] toy idea
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 08:04:52 -0700 (PDT)

Thought I would pass on this idea...so far it is working great for me.
As most of you know, I have a 9 month old granddaughter.  At that age,
everything goes in the mouth.  You want them to explore, but not get hurt.
I save containers of all kinds.  Today, I realized that a plastic gallon
sized 'jar' that cheap popcorn and pretzels come in makes a great container
toy.  I can put all kinds of stuff inside, and JRose can look, but not eat.
Until she learns to unscrew lids, I should be okay.  Anyway, I put a deer
antler inside, seed pod, a pine cone, some pretty feathers and some pecans.
So far, it's a great thing.

Akka B, loving my little JRose