homestead - [Homestead] baby food

  • From: Akka Homestead <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] baby food
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 23:03:22 -0700 (PDT)

For those of you who make your own baby food, tell me something different I
can make for my 9 month old granddaughter.  She has 8 teeth, and likes pretty
much everything except water.  She does appear to have a milk allergy, so
dairy products should be limited.
I've made french toast, and she likes eggs.  I've made roast beef hash and
have some green beans I can puree.  Of course, I could make a small omelet or
something, but I wanted something different.   I use salsa in my guacamole.
Do you think just a taste of guac would hurt her? She snacks on Cheerios and
blueberries, and is good with finger foods of all sorts.  I can puree peaches
and pears.  I am making banana pudding, have vanilla wafers and animal
cookies(now you know why I went to the store...my baby had to have vanilla
wafers..lol)  She loves vienna sausages and I have some, but I wanted to feed
her something different as an entree.  Ideas?