homestead - [Homestead] A first

  • From: Akka Homestead <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] A first
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 11:33:54 -0700 (PDT)

I have been watching political stories on TV now for months, and last night I
saw a first.
In fairness, I usually only watch ABC, CNN, and Fox...sometimes CBS, if that
makes any difference.  Online I have a more varied news diet.  Last night, on
Fox, I saw my first anti-Obama expose.  It was about 15 minutes long or more,
and the guy brought up all the stuff we have talked about here under the
theme of flip flopping, *change* of mind, etc.  If that piece got  more play,
I think you would see McCain way ahead in the polls.  Of course, it played at
like 1 AM, so there ya go...
Anyway, the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac connection for Dodd and Obama was
really damning, IMO.  The guys responsible for the failures now are allegedly
part of Obama's inner circle-according to McCain, Raines et al advises Obama
on the economy..  He'd be hard pressed to blame Bushies/GOP if that is true.
There were other flips, too, gun control, troop withdrawal, etc.  I was
actually quite shocked by it, some flip flops were almost immediate, one day
he would say one thing, and two or three days later he reversed.  It was not
hearsay, it was actual interviews and clips.
This is the first time I have seen any kind of negative expose on Sen. Obama
on TV since the campaign began last year....
Of course, we heard whispers about Whitewater fraud allegations before the
Clintons were elected, too.  But when people want change, sometimes they jump
from the frying pan into the fire.  I honestly hope I am wrong about the
Democrats, but the whole thing feels like I am watching a train wreck in slow
motion.