homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bush's speech this morning

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bush's speech this morning
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 09:45:46 -0400

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 9:16 AM, Lynn Wigglesworth
<lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>wrote:

> I happened to catch Bush's news conference this morning. Mostly more of
> same, but one line jumped out at me. The Emergency Economic
> Stabilization Act of 2008 (EESA) has to be passed soon to:
> "restart the flow of credit so American families can meet their daily
> needs".
>
> Wow. He doesn't get it. He's just building the house of cards higher.
> What happens when we hit the next credit wall? Doesn't anyone in
> Washington understand that there is nothing of value behind all this
> credit?

I didn't see it, just heard about it on the radio. What happens afterwards
will probably be worse. I believe that they understand and that it doesn't
matter, except perhaps to Marcy
Kaptur<http://www.dailynewscaster.com/2008/09/28/marcy-kaptur-warns-there-are-domestic-enemies-to-the-republic/>.
I feel like we're being set up, just my opinion.

I have bread rising and am working on my client book for my live-in
individual today. I'm plodding forward as best I can and am still prepping
food and gearing up for the winter of our discontent.

Lisa
sw VA