homestead - Re: [Homestead] Kyle

  • From: SJC <indexer AT localnet.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Kyle
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 16:51:07 -0400

Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:
Susan Jane; where are you in Maine?
I'm just about an hour south of there, at the foot of Penobscot Bay. MDE sticking out like it does will likely get a good lick, but it's so hilly that depending on how her place is situated, she may be fine. Certainly this kind of weather isn't very far off the usual; when I leave I always put all the yard blowables where they won't blow around or into anything and most everything else tightened/buttoned up, so likely she did that too.
Just heard about an hour ago on radio that landfall will likely be about at the tip of Nova Scotia, which puts it a100 miles or so farther out in the Gulf of Maine than the earlier forecasts, which had targeted the Downeast Maine area, so we will likely just get 'a good brushing' as one of my kids used to say. so assuming usual preparation for a being gone for a few days and not being in a flood-likely area, she's most likely just fine. Depending on her neighbors and how long she's known them, they may put up things as necessary, too--they would here, but MDE has a lot of folks from away that don't concern themselves so much with neighbors.

You'll have to make out to visit her while she's here; that park could keep you busy for weeks, if not months.....

Susan Jane, who's getting rid of all the scrap wood today.....