homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gas, then food shortages

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gas, then food shortages
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 11:28:56 -0800

O.K., can someone please tell me why anyone who is *supposedly* an expert in this stuff would be surprised that AIG would, if nothing else, be in dire straights? Or did they all simply look the other way when American General was sued 60 ways from Sunday over their illegal mortgage practices LONG before the current hysteria started?

If I own a company that owes more than its assets and more than it has coming in because of lawsuits, and then is hit with the housing bubble collapse AND is one of the forerunners in the whole negative loan business and has one of the highest % of foreclosures, I'm going to think twice before I think everything is find and dandy with its parent company! I mean, that doesn't take a financial wizard to figure that one out!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bob ford" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

That sounds awfully dire. And it probably won't happen. But, then again, a couple of months ago hardly anybody would have predicted that AIG would collapse, Congress would be mulling a Wall Street bailout, and '70s-era gas lines would be back. "

http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/26/news/economy/gasshortage_okeefe.fortune/index.htm?cnn=yes