homestead - [Homestead] Small Banks Doing Fine

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Small Banks Doing Fine
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 09:28:45 EDT

We've touched on this in several of the threads. It is NOT the small banks
that are at risk as much as large banks. Prima facia evidence is that your
small bank is still doing fine and one of the largest in the world (WaMu)
just
failed.

http://tinyurl.com/47v3cg

"At the same time, many smaller banks said they were actually benefiting from
the problems on <A
HREF="http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/related/topic/Wall+Street?tid=informline";>Wall
Street</A>. Deposits are flowing in as customers flee
riskier investments, and well-qualified borrowers are lining up for loans.
"We collect money from local savers, and we lend it in the local community,
</HTML>