homestead - Re: [Homestead] What Obama would say

  • From: "Jerry W. Shepperd" <shepperd AT mail2.pvco.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] What Obama would say
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 14:50:33 -0500

From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>

> Mine are good watchdogs, tick eaters, etc. They are edible and really
> good, too. Better young, the old ones are tough as nails. Mine roost
> in trees and the owl was doing a great job of picking them off year
> one here. Second year I promoted breeding for that reason. Also, got
> the LGD in year two. The LDG keeps the owl away, so nothing has been
> able to eat the guineas.
>
> Result is that I've got lots of guineas. Bad for the ticks. Have you
> ever seen the book, "Gardening with Guineas"? I've never read it, but
> sure disagree with the title, based on my experience. Can't keep the
> guineas out of the garden and they do a lot more harm than good!

Robert, you know what Obama would say..... If you put lipstick on a guinea you would still have a guinea! But what do I know , I am just a southern gun totting, religious, hunting and fishing racist and I will not vote for B.H. Obama

Johnny Reb

Our guineas eat almost anything, including small snakes, mice, and anything in the garden. They have even eaten the marigolds that I planted around the edge to help keep out insects.

And, just to keep the playing field balanced, I am a gun toting, religious, hunting and fishing, meat eating enthusiast who will most definitely vote for Obama.

Jerry Shepperd