homestead - [Homestead] Who is to blame? God.

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: Homestead <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Who is to blame? God.
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 06:12:41 -0500

The aftermath of the Wall Street meltdown and bailout will be heavy with who is to blame for our economic misfortune. As personal discomfort builds, so, too, will anger at "them." "Them" and "they" will include the current and past presidents, Fed chairmen, secretaries of the treasury, sundry members of the DC Whorehouse, CEOs and anyone else journalists can think to point their keys at.

Fully living life today includes staying informed about what's going on that might affect the individual, whatever their position. To be uninformed is to be vulnerable.

I demand and take full responsibility for my choices, actions and results. Whatever happens to me is the result of those choices. If I did not keep myself informed, that is my fault. If I made a bad choice, that is my fault.

I expect all the above individuals to be greedy and corrupt. I expect them to be self-serving. And I sure do expect them to blunder. I have never been disappointed.

If I wanted to pass the buck I would blame it all on the Christian God. That is the god that most affects my life, through the leaders who take their guidance from that direction.

Epicurus purportedly and famously asked of God: "Is he willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is impotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Whence then evil?"

Sometime in my early twenties I concluded that if the Christian god exists, then he is a puppeteer who created mankind for his amusement. Why? Because he was bored and because he could.

So either take responsibility for your choices, actions and results, or blame it on God. It's a choice.