homestead - [Homestead] Does Al Qaida have one of these?

  • From: Akka Homestead <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Does Al Qaida have one of these?
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 14:30:46 -0700 (PDT)

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/09/19/drug.subs/index.html

Saw this article about drug smuggling.  Apparently they are making these subs
down in the jungle.  I love this quote:

The vessels' low profile makes them extraordinarily hard to detect,
either visually or by radar. Intelligence played a role in the two most
recent busts, officials said. Locating semi-subs "is more difficult than
finding a needle in a haystack," said Michael Braun, chief of operations for
the DEA.

Now, that's really smart. (not)
I swear, if one of these puppies floats into Chesapeake Bay, you better hope
that's what is on board is cocaine instead of a nuke.
I sure hope Homeland Security is paying attention, because if I were OBL,
this is what I would be investing in.

Akka B