homestead - Re: [Homestead] We may own an insurance comapny

  • From: Akka Homestead <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] We may own an insurance comapny
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 08:00:53 -0700 (PDT)

Referencing the congressional approval thing, I heard on the radio last night
that Paulson did ask for approval and received basically a blank check from
Congress, which is one of the reasons we are seeing the 'piling on' effect.
The person I heard was saying that this bailout of billions just encourages
more over leveraged companies to collapse to be bailed out.  I know nothing
about this kind of stuff, just passing on what I heard.

Another thing...
I hear both McCain and Obama blaming the administration for all of this.
How is government, and specifically the Bush administration, to blame for
this economic collapse on Wall Street?  Like I said above, I really am not
economically minded and know very little about this kind of stuff, but it
seems to me that if a company is leveraged 30 to 1, borrowed 30 times more
than it is worth, and even those assets in the 1 column are worth less than
one, then it seems to be that this is not government, this is simple
corporate and personal GREED and maybe in some cases fraudulent or at least
unethical activity.

Akka

From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>