homestead - [Homestead] Preserving Chiles

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Preserving Chiles
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 20:21:50 -0400

Hey all,

I've got a decent harvest of jalapenos. I've put some up. I did one
batch of whole chiles, carrot slices and onions and other treated in
lime, like pickles. One jar didn't seal, so I ate some slices tonight
with my meal. good stuff, really hot. Most of the jalapenos were red
ripe, so there is a hint of sweet in the hot. This is going to be good
stuff in a month or so when all the flavors blend.

Does anyone make a good chile sauce? I tried one a couple of years and
it was yuck!

Rob - Va