homestead - Re: [Homestead] Enjoy .......humor in commentary

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Enjoy .......humor in commentary
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 08:30:06 -0700 (PDT)

I have been reading, on different Internet sites, a lot of the breathless and
reactionary commentary to the Sarah Palin deal.  Most of the commentary just
shows the lack of rational thinking on the part of the so called educated
class in our  centers of 'culture'.  Much hyperbole and poor writing.

  But; this guy writes
well.  And, although I don't think he necessarily meant to be funny, I was
laughing my butt off before I finished the short article entitled
"Transformative, My Black Ass".  He is a very liberal activist and supporter
of Senator Obama.  .

I'll quote one of my favorite parts and then show the link to the article.
My only comment is that humor will find a more appreciative audience than
shrillness--every time.........bob ford

"Well, by choosing the whitest woman in the world for a VP, a woman whose
teenaged daughter’s baby daddy called himself a “fucking redneck,” Karl
Rove’s minions have effectively put a stake in that strategy’s heart.  The
goal and effect of naming Sarah Palin was to put a bone through Obama’s nose.
He has never seemed blacker.  And as a result of his own longstanding
campaign strategy, which has not adjusted to the Palin pick, he has never
seemed less significant. "
(Leonce Gaiter)

http://open.salon.com/content.php?cid=17114

yeehaaa...........coolbobford

  • Re: [Homestead] Enjoy .......humor in commentary, bob ford, 09/11/2008