homestead - [Homestead] Very Mysterious

  • From: Bunjov AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Very Mysterious
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 14:10:20 EDT

>Neither is necessary. We have an underlying view of reality that it is a
>mechanism that must needs have been created.

Nope. Not created, just evolved. "Underlying" implies a 'born-with'. I am a
believer in tribal memory, but only as far as survival and procreation are
concerned. I have a haphazard, somewhat scattered pile of firewood from last
winter that I'm getting ready to 'organize', and I will be speaking to each
and
every piece as I stack it up. It's a matter of respect.

My daughter worked, a couple of years ago, for the school district in
Yakima, WA. She was amazed , initially, that the school didn't celebrate
Columbus
Day. It was a day of sadness for the tribe. Instant epiphany! Now she's got
it.

We are part of the planet, and merely at the top of the food chain. If we
happened to end up with 'superior' thought processes, I see that as an
obligation to our 'inferiors' to do a kind of 'noblesse oblige' thing, and
now we
venture into the arena of ethics and philosophy.

Your thoughts on this take on the thread?

Sandy
Mid-Mojave