homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ants

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ants
  • Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 10:59:59 -0500

I should qualify perimeter--I mean the outside of the building.

On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 10:52:22 -0500
<eureka AT hctc.net> wrote:
I used to have non-stop sugar ants in my previous home until I called an eco pest control company. Basically, the ants don't live in your house, they are coming from outside in to feed, so the main thing the company did was put diatomaceous earth and pyrethrum powder around the perimeter. My previous office had the same ant problem and I bought boric acid powder from the feed store and treated the perimeter of the building and swept it into the cracks of the floor boards and they stopped coming. You can also mix a little of the boric acid powder with sugar and put it in the cabinet so your pets don't get into it but the ants will find it.

--Sage
Way Out in Texas

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 11:10:31 -0400