homestead - Re: [Homestead] bailout now rfid

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] bailout now rfid
  • Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 21:41:08 -0800

There are some hospitals here in the good ol' U.S. of A that are chipping patients. It is a "trial," yeah right!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bob ford" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

Don, the following article briefly tells about the combo I mentioned. I read a more expansive article that said it's already being used somewhere south (brazil ?), and certain services (like taxi-cabs) were no longer accepting cash or regular credit cards, only rfid enabled credit cards (usually built into cell phone chips). I don't unterstand a lot of this new technology, but the other article maintained that it could track you anwaywhere you walked by an rfid screener (passive, like you said), just like cell phones can be traced today from their pings.........bobford