homestead - [Homestead] Gustav-offer of shelter

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Gustav-offer of shelter
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 21:34:57 -0400

Watching the radar of Gustav leaving Cuba gives me cold chills...It is totally freaking me out..it is a monster. If it hits as a Cat 4 or 5 storm, it will retain hurricane strength hundreds of miles inland. I'll bet you see wind damage in Oklahoma and Arkansas, and flooding maybe even up into Missouri-definitely in states to the south of there. Louisiana will be a bigger swamp, and east Texas will be a swamp, too.
Have y'all ever see those Earth Changes maps where the Mississippi Delta is a huge bay....a couple of these type storms and things could start looking very different.
Anyway, the computer models and tracks show it coming ashore west of the Delta, more westerly than would do serious ill to New Orleans-some models have it making landfall almost in Texas and more westerly than the Katrina track which came ashore east of New Orleans. The angle is such that it would move away from New Orleans quickly. However, I have a feeling that it will turn a bit more to the right, reducing that angle, than is currently predicted and come ashore just slightly west of New Orleans geographically, which is a worst case scenario for the Big Easy.

Ok, so I make my offer now...if there is anyone subbed to this list who needs a safe place to stay, you are welcome here. Animals are welcome.
This one is different, people, Red Stick won't be safe this time.

Bev in NW Georgia, about 7.5 hours from New Orleans if you drive the speed limit.

--
Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is protecting YOUR freedom.
Summer 2008: EastPac patrol, guarding the western coast of the United States of America