homestead - Re: [Homestead] plants

  • From: SJC <indexer AT localnet.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] plants
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 22:34:54 -0400

Akka Homestead wrote:
Does anyone have a jujube tree? Are they hardy-easy to grow?

What about cranberries? I see them in the Stark catalog and they are calling
me...lol

Akka
Cranberries are grown commercially in "bogs", actually diked ponds with outlets, but those of us who are home growers grow them like lowbush blueberries. I have a patch of them along with the other perrenial foodplants as well as others farther away that serve as trap plants.
Somewhere in the back of my head I'm thinking I tried them in VA without success, but guess catalog will at least give the zone.
Susan Jane, in Maine, where I just put 10 gal of sauerkraut to bed

  • Re: [Homestead] plants, SJC, 08/25/2008